The tram line extension from Place des Nations to Grand-Saconnex and onward to Ferney-Voltiare will transform the mobility experience and urban landscape in Geneva. This large scale project is accompanied by a co-conception consultation process where you can share your insights and make suggestions to improve the project currently in development.
How can you participate?
- Discover more about the project on this site and have your say by leaving insights, comments & suggestions
- Participate in focus groups (find out more and sign up)
- Visit us at our Kiosk in the Place des Nations, open Tuesday to Friday between 16:00 and 19:00 from September 15th to October 9th 2020. Interact with the Tram des Nations team, find out more about the project and make contributions for improvements
- Take a tour of the Route de Ferney onboard our rickshaw electric bike, guided by a member of the consultation team.
- Participate in the workshop 'Forum Tram des Nations' on October 10th 2020 (find out more and sign up)
By 2024, the extension of Tram 15 will connect Place des Nations with Grand-Saconnex and eventually Ferney-Voltiare. In 2030 it will be possible to travel across Geneva from Saint-Julien-en-Genevois to Ferney-Voltaire. The project's ambition is to:
- Respond to environmental challenges by proposing an alternative to the car for traveling in Greater Geneva.
- Contribute to Geneva's human scale sustainable development by providing an infrastructure dedicated to greener mobility options.
- Reconnect both sides of the Route de Ferney by enhancing existing public spaces and developing new public spaces.
- Preserve heritage and make improvements to the landscape along the Route de Ferney.
Dream, act, build, live. Together
This consultation is open to the public. Do you live near Grand-Saconnex or the City of Geneva? Are you an employee of an organisation near the Route de Ferney or a regular user of the Route de Ferney? Are you a citizen interested in sustainable development, ecological transition and planning? Everyone is invited to take part in the consultation and to contribute to the project's development.
The consultation process initially provides information to help you understand the depth and complexity of this multi-disciplinary, large-scale infrastructure and development project with its temporal, technical, urban, heritage, ecological and mobility issues. Our objective is to create the right conditions for your comments, questions and contributions to be insightful to the landscape architects, urbanists and engineers working on improving the project's conception. This project is destined to improve the quality of life of all Geneva residents and your engagement is essential, the consultation is at your service.
Don't forget to follow this page to receive notifications keeping you up to date with the project's evolution.